- Wed 19 Sep, 11-12noon, 2F3
- **BOOKING ESSENTIAL, SPACES LIMITED**
On Wednesday 19 September, TWI Information Scientist’s Sue Wellings and Alison Chew, will be hosting their popular workshop, teaching participants to use academic and more general search engines by reducing search results to a more accurate and appropriate selection.
“Learn to search like a ninja, finding information quickly, assessing it, and then converting it into knowledge!” – Sue & Alison
- Find relevant information efficiently
- Reduce information overload
- Learn how to tame Google with a few simple tricks
- Constructing search strings
- Advanced search techniques
- The CRAAP test
- Assessing quality of information found
Should you wish to attend this insightful and practical workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
Alternatively, visit the library and speak to Sue and Alison in-person (They are at the back, behind the plants)
If you would like to attend but cannot make the session, please get in touch with Sue &/or Alison to arrange another. If there is enough interest, the library can also run a separate webinar.